1. Invitado, ven y descarga gratuitamente el cuarto número de nuestra revista literaria digital "Eco y Latido"

!!!Te va a encantar, no te la pierdas!!!

Cerrar notificación

Professional Philosophy for Early Childhood Education

Tema en 'Prosa: Torre de Babel de Prosa' comenzado por Guadalupe Cisneros-Villa, 1 de Marzo de 2023. Respuestas: 0 | Visitas: 239

1. Guadalupe Cisneros-Villa

Guadalupe Cisneros-Villa Dallas, Texas y Monterrey NL México

Se incorporó:
    8 de Octubre de 2007
    Me gusta recibidos:
    Género:
    Mujer
    Professional Philosophy

Guadalupe Cisneros

Texas Woman's University

HDFS 4923 Professional Development

Dr. Moran

November 19, 2022​

PROFESSIONAL PHILOSOPHY

I consider myself a late starter in my education; I married young and did not have the means or encouragement to proceed in higher education until a few years ago; I just walked into North Central College and applied. At this time, I have two goals: obtaining my AMI (American Montessori Internationale) certification, a two-year course that most Montessori schools require. The second goal would be to get my Master's in Early Childhood Development and research this topic. As a child, I always wanted to be a teacher or work with children; perhaps as a child, I did that being the eldest in my family. I am passionate about teaching and sharing information to a child creatively and positively. Under the Montessori standards, it is believed that the main focus is the well-being of the child. The child and their family are treated with respect allowing the child to grow as a student and an individual. The child is taught to respect their environment and take great care of our earth.

As I have observed different classrooms, I often notice the noise and the frustration a teacher shows in the school. I have also worked in Montessori classrooms where there is stillness and peace. The children are allowed to talk, but there is respect for the child, the teacher, the students, and the surrounding. Montessori is the first pedagogical theory; however, I am also drawn to Piaget. I believe that both views are very similar. Piaget believed that children learn based on experiences; he also taught that children develop in stages. Both Piaget and Maria Montessori believed that children are responsible for what they know. In a way, children are active learners and participants in their education.

I believe I can make a difference in a child's life, and I want children to find that desire to learn and enjoy school. To discover the potential within them to be creative, curious, and productive. Children can explore and have a massive part in their learning process. It is a fantastic experience when you see a three-year-old realize all the things it can do and discover. I see children's distrust and dislike of school, and I have seen firsthand how parents have difficulties motivating children to do almost the most basic assignments. I believe that as Early Childhood educators, we can tap into that desire of the child to explore. So much potential is lost because we forget that children have enormous resources if we can only teach them to exploit them.

In conclusion, a teacher can be a guide; in Montessori, the correct word is directress. A child is observed, and a lesson is introduced when the child is ready. The child is allowed to make choices, and once the child is prepared, the adult steps back and lets the child learn. The activities in the classroom are set up as a play opportunity, and the children don't see a lesson as an adult telling the child what to do. In contrast, when a task is given to a child, the adult is silent, and the child learns by example; when the child feels comfortable, the adult moves away. The parent is an essential part of the development of the child's progress because the directress is a "link" between the child and the parent. Parents are always kept informed on the lessons that the child is introduced to. At the beginning of the year, the class starts with Practical Living. In this stage, children learn to take care of the classroom and its environment. When children are held accountable, they begin to care about their surroundings.

Comparte esta página