1. Invitado, ven y descarga gratuitamente el cuarto número de nuestra revista literaria digital "Eco y Latido"

!!!Te va a encantar, no te la pierdas!!!

Cerrar notificación

Traveling

Tema en 'Prosa: Torre de Babel de Prosa' comenzado por Guerrion, 3 de Diciembre de 2017. Respuestas: 3 | Visitas: 681

1. Guerrion

Guerrion Poeta que considera el portal su segunda casa

Se incorporó:
    7 de Febrero de 2017
    Me gusta recibidos:
    Género:
    Hombre
    I’m walking into a tiny restaurant conversation. Behind the bar, up high on the wall was a collection of weird animal heads. There was an albino deer head, a two-headed calf and some other strange stuff. I’m afraid to move, if I do, it could be the end of this writing or the end of me.

It’s easy to see that everyone in this small town knows everyone else. The interesting thing is that no one seems to show any interest in the stranger with the backpack and a smile. I guess they’ve seen this before. I decide to join the conversation. ”what’s good today? The consensus is the homemade beef stew is to die for. Seems, Janet makes the best stew this side of the Rockies. I hear someone say, “it goes down good with una cerveza”. Ok, cerveza and a bowl of Janet’s beef stew it is.

Janet was very nice and insisted me on sampling everything she cooked, even, treated me with a candy bar and some cake and I was happy! Also, I had never seen anyone so happy and dancing alone before, so beautifully or as natural, the Cha, Cha, Cha. She wasn’t young anymore, but says she’s is a smile in apron, knows how good she feels and feels how good she feels and, because of me, thrilled to be cooking and dancing in a world of color, lively music and surrounded by friendly smiles and others she has never seen and, perhaps, wont ever see again.

Before I head out they want to know how I feel about Trump. I just smile and laugh and tell them, -inwardly, I'm celebrating such displeasure or struggles of not understating how the hell we got this other strange guy elected- I said good bye and drive West, toward Portland, Oregon.

Fidel Guerra.

Última modificación: 3 de Diciembre de 2017
    A Hechicera de palabras le gusta esto.
  2. Nice picture, like the trailer of a movie. I think you must continue this story.
    This place seems like a stop in the way to something interesting.
    I do love reading you in English, it is some help for me, to practice this language.
    Hugs, my friend :)

Última modificación por un moderador: 3 de Diciembre de 2017
    A Guerrion le gusta esto.
  3. Guerrion

Guerrion Poeta que considera el portal su segunda casa

Se incorporó:
    7 de Febrero de 2017
    Me gusta recibidos:
    Género:
    Hombre
    Yes, some one-horse towns or little towns in Oregon are unique or so white that seeing a Latino man walking into their only store or restaurant to buy or eat something turns lots of heads around. And you’re right, it felt like a real movie from the wild west to me because I didn’t belong there. But that’s life, challenging and surprising each day, hour and maybe until the last breath.

This lady, Janet, was so sweet, genuine and so religious, just like I used to be and still think I’m, but maybe not, I’m not sure...anyway, as time went by however, there were fewer people in the restaurant, then, we talk and shared more about each other’s life. I wish I can explain to you how peaceful it is to drive in eastern Oregon roads, thru the mountains, desert or open spaces and find a little town with no more than 5 buildings and, in one of those, unexpectedly, met the most joyful person or inspirational conversation that now takes place between us.

Dear amiga,
    I appreciate your thoughts of wanting to learn something from my English writings, but, to me, it seems to be a bad idea. I feel ok with my day to day English conversations at work and with friends but I’m not equipped with the perfect knowledge of this weird but also beautiful language.

Positive thoughts to you
    because yours, my friend
    make a huge difference on me.

Quisiera escribir mas, pero tengo que llevar a mija y a mijo a ver la pelicula de "coco"

kindly,

F.G.C.

Última modificación: 4 de Diciembre de 2017
    A Hechicera de palabras le gusta esto.
  4. Enjoy :)
    And... in English or Spanish, always write, my friend.

A Guerrion le gusta esto.

Comparte esta página